Thursday, April 13, 2017

My Commentary on Hannah Chapman's Post

On March 29th, Hannah Chapman made a post titled Should Marijuana (Cannabis) be Legal that I personally agree with; the points she made in her argument are all reasonable and make sense. I haven't seen marijuana cause harm or have seen anyone high on it be a nuisance- if anything I've seen positive effects in those who use it. I think that the government has been trying to profit off of drug busts, imprisonment, and fining of those in possession of marijuana, and because of that, they have tried to prevent the legalization of marijuana. Now, as the population has adjusted to where marijuana is an acceptable norm, and is now angered that addictive drugs are being prescribed legally, but marijuana, a organic, harmless "drug" is not, the government is being forced to change their ways. Although I disagree with Hannah's statement about letting the government tax it, I still agree with the rest of her argument about legalizing it. If there's more pros than cons, why don't we allow it?

No comments:

Post a Comment